Re: innocent pleasures:

Stan Card

> jim palmer writ:
>
> >> 1) neil young
> >> 23) have i mentioned neil young?
> >
> > this surprises me a bit, too.
> > what did you think of the soundtrack to "dead man"?
> > i was converted instantly by that one...
> >
> > is anyone here a fan of terry kath?
> > he probably had the most influence on my guitar playing...
>

> WOW! i coulda wrote that there e/mail...

i'm not alone...  <sniff>
lol.

> 'dead man' is the guitarneilyoung bomb-some of the most singularist
>stylee
> guitarness i've heard.

well said!
and a hell of a movie as well...

> terry kath is a hero o' mine. his stuff in the early days always stood
>out.
> and he had a very distinctive sound and way of playing.
> and there is always the hendrix quote that follows his story("better than
> me!"dada dee...)

i vaguely remember this...
but i've heard this of phil keaggy, too...
an interviewer asks "what's it like to be the greatest guitarist in the
world" and
he says "ask terry kath" (or phil keaggy depending on the mythmaker)
so is this for real?

>  in my cd player alot:"chicago presents the innovative guitar of TERRY
>KATH"
> which kinda highlights the tunes he had a lot to do
> w/-writing,singin,playin-there's a lotta good stuff on there...

not familiar with that album, but the first three chicago albums have been
in regular
rotation for me since the 70s (5 and 7 are good, too)
is there anything that's not on them on that one?