Re: Practice, rehearse, perform

Howdy neighbors,

In a message dated 11/13/02 3:15:02 PM, per@boysen.se writes:

     >Being able to make music the way you walk, eat, fart or
     >whatever ;-)  IMHO that must be the aim for any kind of
     >practicing or rehearsing.

That's about as brilliantly succinct a statement of of the goal
of any sort of "artistic discipline" as I have ever heard. That
is precisely what is so compelling about folks who are truly
"great" at their art/craft -- as it is often said, "They make it
look so damn easy." Alas, that apparent "ease" is not achieved
without a lot of hard work and preparation -- unless you are one
of those rare, benighted souls born with a superfluity of natural
talent. For the rest of us though, it is a long, hard slog . . .
with no guarantees of ever getting there. 'Tis best to learn
to enjoy the journey . . . and be pleased wherever it is you are
. . . and eventually end up. I have to continually remind myself
of this essential little fact or I'd never manage to overcome
the resulting depression over my lack of accomplishment.
Some day . . . some day . . . maybe I'll get there . . . maybe.
I keep trying anyway . . . and try to enjoy the process in the
meantime.

Yipee-yi-oh,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian