Re: frisell's neck and PDX loop fest update.

anti:clockwise wrote:

> well, i guess i did not describe accurately:
> what i could swear i saw was bill f.'s hands on the machines, gently
> tweaking them,
> not the "neck rolf" as described by many weighers-in...

I've seen Frisell play many times, and the tweaking of the tuning
machines is to (suprise, suprise) tune the strings. The "neck-bending"
technique really doesn't do much to the neck, but it DOES cause your
fingers to mildly bend the strings in a way that sounds like a very slow
vibrato. I use this technique on my prs archtop and it works great. I
also use it on my tremelo-equipped parkers, which tends to result in a
much wider vibrato, and sometimes I also grab the trem arm at the same
time to get yet another type of vibrato.  YMMV.

On to the loopfest.

The date is looking like Jan. 12 at the Jasmine Tree, in downtown
Portland. The moment I get a firm date, I'll be getting in touch with
all the generous folks who have expressed intrest. Thanks all for your
patience.

D.G.