Re: Robert Fripp

I did fall in love with that almost synth like square wave that Frip
uses and I found that the Big Muff was good, but really noisy.  Ibanez
tube screamer (why did I get rid of my original!?) did it for me.
Later, I moved to a Digitech 2120 and never quite got that sound, but
close.  I also found that an old Korg AX-30 multieffect stomp box did it
*great* as well as having a sweet ring modulator.

I don't know about the Fernandez Sustainer, but I find the Sustainiac
system to be very useful, though not quite the e-Bow sound.  More
natural and mellow sounding, but very useful none the less.  Needs
practice of your string muting technique though, and you'll probably end
up having to do some routing, unless you've got a guitar with a big
electronics cavity.

Mark Sottilaro