Re: Speaking of NAMM...

At 8:16 PM -0500 12/27/02, Butch wrote:
>Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to gain admission to NAMM?

My response to Mark Hamburg was not a joke. NAMM access is tightly
controlled, so you really do need industry contacts to get a pass.
Specifically, you need to get a guest pass from a NAMM member
(usually an exhibitor) or else have press credentials and obtain your
own pass that way.

Actually there are a couple of maneuvers that might work. One thing I
did successfully last year was to use a NAMM pass from a previous
year's show. The security guards don't look that closely so you can
breeze past them if you have something that at least looks like a
legitimate pass. Once you're inside you can hit on any exhibitors you
might know, to get a real pass.

Another thing I've heard of, but haven't tried, is the old men's room
back door entry route. There actually is a men's room accessible from
the ground floor lobby and also accessible from the show floor. I
can't give a specific location, but I remember confirming this a few
years back.

Good luck!

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202