Re: MIDI guitar (was production fretless guitar)

At 1:10 PM +0000 12/31/02, Steve Lawson wrote:

>I don't know how long ago it was that you tried it, but I gather that
>Richard has worked on an EQ/buffer thingie to get rid of the harmonics
>that
>might interfere with the signal - I interviewed Alain Caron about this
>years
>ago, and he was smitten by it for his Yamaha/Axxon system - he said the
>analogue sound of it with the buffer on was horrible :o)

The only time I tried an RMC system was over three years ago. It was
a Godin nylon string model (don't remember which one) driving a
Roland VG-8. It sounded fine to me. I don't remember now where I
heard the complaints about poor performance  with RMC pickups and the
VG, but it was probably a posting on the VG list.

As I mentioned, my own system consists of a Roland-ready Strat,
Roland VG-8, Roland GR-30, and a Yamaha G50. Tracking is pretty good
with this system, especially with the VG which uses the audio signal
directly rather than converting to MIDI.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com