Re: midi librian question

> problem i'm having is the midi librarian takes about one and a
> half minutes to load up. one and a half minutes in the middle
> of a live set is an eternity.
> my question is is there anything out there that will load up faster?

[DISCLAIMER: I don't have either a Boss DR-660 or the Peavey Midi
Librarian.]

I'm not sure what kind of data is being sent between the DR-660 and the
Peavey Librarian.  However, a number of MIDI conversations can occur using
either "open loop" or "closed loop" acknowledgements.

Open loop requires only a one-way connection between the dumper and the
dumpee.  Open loop is kind of a monologue.

Closed loop requires two one-way connections between the dumper and the
dumpee (one connection for each direction).  Using closed loop, the devices
dialogue between each other.

Closed loop transfers are generally quite a bit faster.  If you can use it
for your situation, you might want to try it out.

...or you can tell some jokes in the deadtime.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com