Re:I'm researching y'all

Hi Chris
I don't see y there should b any problems with latency when using
computers
as loop recorders as long as u don't want to use effects processing.
U simply use a splitter box or anything that turns one output into two
i.e.
a guitar pedal with a stereo output, take one signal to u'r mixer (or
whatever) this is your direct signal, and take one to your computer, turn
the monitor audio function of your computer off. Then heh presto you only
hear the audio from the computer after its looped., meanwhile the direct
signal carries you as your playing.

I don't tend to use my laptop live as I've only just got it and alot of
the
work I do with looping is across an entire mix of a band so I have to do
the
live sound and looping at the same time, in this environment I am not sure
if I could handle the computer simply because its such a high pressure
situation and computers still take more time than hardware to get working
properly. For the record at the moment I am using an Akai Mpc2000 and EDP
and a phrase sampler as my live rig.
Cheers Geoff.

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk