Re: "hold" note uninterrupted feature

you are describing the <DF-2 boss super distortion&feedbacker>. they are no
longer made but ya see them around. you can shut the distortion down and
feed it a clean guitar signal,hit the pedal and the note you played minus
the attack is sustained BUT only as long as you keep your foot on the
pedal.
it also has a pot for coloring the sustaining overtone sound-from 0-the
original sound to 10 and the signal is double octaved. very cool box that
hardly ever gets its props-seen it used in some keyboard rigs even...
stan