Re: Monitoring for live loops (was Re: looping as a profession)

  A dear friend is actually working on something very similar to this for
me at the moment.  If there's an interest, he's talked about making more of
them.  What we're looking at now, is actually quite basic, and will
probably have a stereo pair of inputs, which would then split, and be
passed through the device, but also be summed to mono before being output
to my echoplex,  whose output, would then be input back into the device, to
be mixed with the stereo pair again.   There will probably be a mix knob as
well.  Basically, it'll just be a lil' tiny box with ins, outs, and a knob,
with the  proper  impedance and  OP amps taken into  account.  Obviously,
the same can be accomplished with a standard mixer, but this is really
quick and easy and LITTLE!   woohoo!   lol!  -if anyone is interested, feel
free to write me off-list, K?

Smiles,

CQ

At 07:33 PM 2/11/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Hmm...I see the signal chain you're getting at.  Although, I'm not exactly
>sure how to mix the loop from the post-looper Y with the pre-looper direct
>signal going to the amp.  In any event, this sounds like it would involve
>three A/B/A+B boxes ($$$).  If not using A/B/A+B boxes, wouldn't a bunch
>of
>Y-cables create weird impedence issues (like when you plug two guitars
>into
>hi and lo inputs on a single guitar amp, their volume controls affect the
>volume of one another)?
>
>-J

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.