anti war petition

Dear friend,

I'm hoping you can join me on an emergency petition from
citizens around the world to the U.N. Security Council.  The
petition's going to be delivered to the 15 member states of
the Security Council on THURSDAY, MARCH 6.

If hundreds of thousands of us sign, it could be an enormously
important and powerful message -- people from all over the
world joining in a single call for a peaceful solution.  But
we really need everyone who agrees to sign up today.  You can
do so easily and quickly at:

   http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

The stakes couldn't really be much higher.   A war with Iraq
could kill tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and inflame
the Middle East.  According to current plans, it would require
an American occupation of the country for years to come.  And
it could escalate in ways that are horrifying to imagine.

We can stop this tragedy from unfolding.  But we need to speak
together, and we need to do so now.  Let's show the Security
Council what world citizens think.

Thank you,
Kirkland Mack