EDP only looping one time question...

Here's a weird behavior that I have to solve before I can make the EDP work
for me.  It didn't do this with LoopIII...

I have the MIDI out of my sequencer (Sonar) going into the MIDI in on the
EDP so it can receive clock.  EDP is set to receive/transmit on MIDI
channel
16.  There is no track sending anything on channel 16 in Sonar.   Sonar is
set to send MIDI clock, but it does the following whether it's sending
clock
or not:

For some reason the EDP, when I record a loop, will only play it back once
when I stop recording.  Then it sits silently ticking along with the MIDI
clock.  It's not going into Mute mode, because pressing Mute on the foot
controller doesn't bring the sound back.  Nothing will get the loop to play
again, but the cycle counter keeps ticking along like it's playing the loop
that I recorded.

1. When I start the sequencer the lights on the EDP change to:  Record =
green, Overdub = Orange, Undo = Orange.  Multiply/Ins-Rev/Mute/Nextloop are
unlit.

2. While the loop is playing back for its first and only time, the lights
for Record/Overdub/Multiply/Ins-Rev/Mute are all green, Undo is off, and
Nextloop is orange.  When the loop finishes its one repetition and goes
silent the Undo light comes on green, and Nextloop remains orange.

Any ideas on this one?  It works fine when I unplug the MIDI cables from
the
back of the EDP.  Is there some kind of mode that the EDP runs in where it
only plays back a loop once?  Is there some MIDI clock signal that would
cause the EDP to go into this mode?  Sonar shouldn't be sending anything
other than clock to the EDP (I tried changing the MIDI receive channel, to
no avail).

Thanks, in advance, EDP gurus.

-J