Re: laptop live

Hi,
I've been using computers live and, (in the last year or so ) a laptop live
with no problems.
Never had a crash  - though of course this is possible  - as possible as a
hardware malfunction.
I use Audiomulch for live looping - 8 channels wouldn't be a problem. I
also
fire loops under midi control, process sounds with filters, granulators
etc.
The system works for me. It's fun discvering new VST plugins that I can
play
with too. The real beauty is that if I need a compressor all I do is add a
compressor plugin  - no extra weight to lug around.
I use a p3 with 512 meg of ram and a motu firewire 828 card. Midi is
provided by a zoom 8080 (with 2 pedals and 5 switches) merged with an
oxygen8 keyboard. The rig is light and powerful.
Just my tuppeth ha'penny worth.

Gareth
Ps just realised this sounds a bit smug - I'm just really pleased with my
set-up. It took me a long time to get here!