Re: gear question...old school yamaha stuff

--- Evan Meyers <evanmeyers@yahoo.com> wrote:

> anyone know anything about:
>
> - yamaha mt44 multi-track cassette recorder (4track)
>       and the
> - yamaha mm30 mixer
>
> i recently saw someone selling these two pieces pretty
> cheap and i can't find any info on them on ebay,
> yamaha site, and a few music gear sites, so i'm
> guessing they are probably no longer produced.

I don't know where you'd find more info on 'em, but I used to have an
MT44. It
was the top of Yamaha's 4tk cassette line at the time (maybe 1989?) and
included
a decent little mixer, a 4tk cassette transport (which could be used
independantly) and a little patchbay all in one easy to use package. I
thought
mine sounded pretty good.

It's BIGGER then a typical 4tk, and not very portable, but had kind of a
cool
modular vibe to it. I enjoyed using mine. It's been out of production at
least
12-14 years, so we're talking about a total antique here.

Greg