Re:Recording software for Yellowdog Linux

--- chrismandel@juno.com wrote:
> I've got a very useful book about music applications for linux: Linux
>Music and
> Sound by Dave Phillips.  It covers a wide range of software and comes
>with a CD
> that contains most of the software the book covers.
> Also, theres a linux looper based on the echoplex called superlooper.
> Heres a spot about realtime Linux OS's.
> http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/resourceslatency.php3
> You may also like to know that theres a linux version of MAX called
>JMAX.  I've
> been thinking about building a linux machine for music so i've been
>researching
> a bit, seems like theres more out there than most people presume.

There's quite a bit out there, but when I looked at it a few months ago,
many of
the audio-related projects were still in early development, so lots of
bugs and
setup difficultly. Hardware support is pretty spotty too. As much as I like
Linux, I finally decided to stay with "the dark side" for awhile.

Greg