Re: Tax Strategies for LOOPERS

I spoke last year with the person who does my taxes about deducting
music expenses, and the thing that I remember being key was that I be
making money from music.  So you report your income from music, and
then report your expenses from music.  For those of us with other means
of income, you're allowed to report a loss for some number of years
(three?), but at some point you're supposed to be making more money
from your business venture (music) than you're spending.  If you report
a loss for some number of years in a row it's helpful to provide proof
that you are actually trying to make a profit, for example reporting
advertising expenses.

nathan