Re: Getting rid of the Vortex...

on 4/9/03 7:36 PM, mark at sine@zerocrossing.net wrote:

> Hell, when I got the Repeater I longed for the
> functionality of the JamMan.

After seeing Max Valentino demo Bob Sellon's upgrade for the Jamman, I was
rather wishing I had one and I've got multiple EDPs.

My summary of what was cool:

Good: 4 tracks that can be panned and I believe mixed (yeah, the Repeater
has that).

Not so good: All tracks the same length.

Really good: You can switch between tracks and have each track be in
essentially, hold (it keeps playing), overdub with variable feedback, or
fade with variable feedback (essentially overdub with no input). It's that
last part about fading tracks that seemed particularly attractive since the
Repeater will only use feedback on tracks while recording to them.

Good: You can also just do an automated volume fade on a track and then
restore the volume.

I've done this sort of thing with multiple EDPs before and while it's a lot
more powerful than the Jamman, it's also a lot more complicated from a
control standpoint.

Mark

P.S. Of course, at the other end of the price scale, Dennis also made the
Kyma seem rather attractive.