Re: How to make bump free drones in EDP?

At 09:14 AM 4/14/2003, Steve Ginn wrote:
>  On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 08:32AM, Kim Flint
> <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
>
> >no, overdub only reduces the feedback while overdub is on, to reduce the
> >likelihood of overloading the loop. More precisely, overdub only reduces
> >the feedback while overdub is on and you are actually playing something
> >into the loop.
> >
> >where in the manual do you see it saying otherwise?
> >

>on pdf page 41, Reference 4-17 "Feedback Knob"
>
>... "For most looping operations, feedback is set to 100% ... "
>"While you're overdubbing or multiplying, the feedback level is scaled
>back to about 95% to prevent overloading the Echoplex with the
>combination
>of the old signal and the new."
>
>Maybe I am missunderstanding this but ...

I think that pretty clearly says that this feedback reduction only occurs
while overdub is on. When you turn overdub off again, the feedback returns
to whatever you had it set to before.

>I recorded a loop using the overdub method (with Feedback set to 100%
>using a midi pedal), turning overdub off after creating the loop and the
>loop after a short while began to gradually fade to almost nothing.

Then you must have set the feedback to a different level in some other
way.
It had nothing to do with turning off overdub. You might have had the
feedback knob turned down less than 100% before you started, or you some
how reduced it afterwards.

kim