Using Boss RC-20 Live

Greetings!

I am new to this list; but not entirely new to looping.  I first
discovered
the joy in the late 80's with an Ibanez digital delay (rack mount - I have
long since forgotten the model).  Hours of fun!  My main looping tool now,
is the Repeater; which I have not yet fully tamed!

Anyway... I am considering purchasing the RC-20 for live use because it is
so small and can be run on batteries (loop storage is also nice);
otherwise, I would purchase the Boomerang without further hesitation.  I
spent several hours yesterday searching/reading the archives; but I still
have a few operational questions.

Are the following conclusions/assumptions correct?

1. The need to fuss with the time signature and tempo settings is TOTALLY
eliminated by simply turning the quantization feature off.

2. To record a NEW loop, a) the existing loop MUST NOT be playing b) step
on the left pedal to start recording c) step on the left pedal to stop
recording and IMMEDIATELY start playing the loop  OR  step on the right
pedal to stop recording WITHOUT playing the loop.

3. To over-dub an EXISTING loop, the process is the EXACT SAME, except
that
the existing loop MUST be playing when you press the left
pedal.  Furthermore, over-dub is similar to the Repeater, in that you can
not go directly from recording a new loop to over-dubbing; but, instead,
you have to wait for one initial play cycle (or portion thereof).

Is anyone using the RC-20 live?  If so, what do you hate about it?  :-)

Peace..

-Soren.

Forbidden Songs For Fallen Souls @ www.ForbiddenSongs.com