Re: Stereo looping device for $400? (Echo Pro experimentations)

Oops, sorry: Zzounds, $299. I misremembered. I bought one about a month
ago, kept it for a day or two, and sent it back. I didn't care for how it
SOUNDED as against my EDP. I'm not sure why, but the EDP (and even my
Guyatone Micro-delay) seem to me to have better headroom and, err, well,
"snap." I don't even mind having the EDP or the Guyatone in the circuit
when they're not looping or delaying; the Line 6 bugged me for very vague
reasons. So does the Pod though, even though I used it in the studio and
it
sounds excellent on the final product. But when I'm in the room with it, I
don't like it. Maybe I'm just sentimental for real amps and Space Echos...

I do wonder if the Variax would strike me in the same way. Maybe no one
else here, in this technophilic community, has these feelings. I'd love to
know.

---
www.endtimequartet.com