using presets on the echoplex

I am using an echoplex with loop IV and a PMC10 midi
pedal.

My question is on using presets in general.

I set up everything to start with a program change
(which changes the preset in the echoplex to what ever
preset I want), then I set the note on and off info.
Is this the correct way to be doing this?

So far I have just used preset 1 on everything, but I
have set up the 8th cycle on preset 2 to 16 instead of
8, just for the half speed nutton in an attempt to
keep the drum machine going the same speed when I hit
half speed.

Per has just explained that I need to use two buttons
for this and I will try that tonight.

I was just wondering about presets in general, and
whether you should always set up everything to start
with a program change (which changes the preset in the
echoplex to what ever preset you want), then set the
note on and off info. Is this the correct way to be
doing this?

All the very best!
Terry