RE: Roland SPD-S WAS: Re: Another EDP question

> > crisp as dancehall hats, super tight and fast as hell. I still have
> > problems though with providing a fat kick, but as stated above, I'm
> > working on it.

> From: Jon Wagner [mailto:jondrums@hotmail.com]

> If you use a sm58 or 57 (other dynamics work well too!) patch
> it through your trusty filter bank (electrix filter factory,
> or similar) and put it on low pass with a high resonance.
> Then just tap the mic - bingo - an 808 style kick that's as
> fat as your filter can resonate - tune the pitch of it with
> the cutoff freq. - you'll know when its right.  Leave a
> little of the dry sound in there if you want more attack.

Yes, I'm sure that will do it. But except for the "lack of fat kick" I'm
very happy with my recent set-up using the filter bank after the
loopers.  I guess a midi controllable audio patch bay would be a great
solution? Rewiring the whole rig from FCB1010 foot controller programs!?
Hmmm.... Have to put some thinking into this. Thanks for the
inspiration, Jon!

> You can also do wonders to your live hi-hat beatbox sound
> with your filter bank. Jon

Oh YES! When I bought my Akai MFC 42 dynamic filter I realised that
"this is what I have been trying to emulate in software for years".
Running the Ohmforce plug-ins under Logic comes pretty close but this is
the real thing! And it is an instrument - not a "music production
workstation". The beat synced filtering sounds beautifully inexact in
such a musical way.

Kindest...

Per