Re: Playing in time with multiple non-synced loopers... (was: Re: footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes)

  aaah, forget about sublimating yer' ego!   it's all about ME!  me me  me
me me!!!   lol!   <smile>   Hey, speaking of playing with two loopers,
Jesse, are ya in the mood for another lil' loopy session?   We could
actually record it this time?   <smile>   I may be up in yer' neck o' the
woods at some point soon for a photo shoot.  Have a great day.

smiles,

Cara

At 05:54 PM 7/10/03 -0600, you wrote:
>I found that when using two loopers, or when playing live with two
>musicians
>using loopers (that are not MIDI synced) a button to retrigger the loop is
>the only real way, if you're doing music that is not just floaty textures.
>
>Then you kind of have to tacetly (or verbally, I suppose, if you can
>actually hear each other over the din) agree which person (or device, if
>you
>are going solo) has "the loop" and is therefore dictating the time, and
>which person is accompanying or soloing over the loop.  If you are
>accompanying then you are responsible for getting your loop close enough
>in-time with the primary time-dictating loop, and retriggering and/or
>re-recording to keep in time with it.
>
>From my limited amount of playing in two-looper settings, this is what I
>have arrived at.  As long as the musicians have practiced sublimating
>their
>egos and can share who has "the loop" in a musical way, then everything
>works fine, and everybody has fun.
>
>Now, you might also just forget about all that I just said and put a
>rhythmic loop into one looper, and then overdub volume swell pads into the
>other without really worrying about any kind of rhythm to it at all.  Then
>sync is not an issue.
>
>Just some blather.
>
>-J

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.