EDP and pitch bend messages?

Hi all,

Still trying to get my EDP (loop IV) and Roland FC-200 foot controller to
enjoy each others company.

I'm now running into a situation where the EDP is responding to some
extraneous FC-200 messages and going into a "state" I don't recognize.
When I power
on the FC-200, or switch modes on it, it for no real reason sends out a
pitch
bend message on ch 7.. then on channel 1 (recently learned from Roland
support).  Basically this sounds like a bug in the FC-200.

When the EDP sees this pitch bend message, it goes into some state where
the
display reads .25.  Pressing the FC-200 mode switch changes the EDP
display
back and forth from reading .25 to 120.  Any recording I now do, seems to
be
working off of .25 as an interval of time.  So if I record for exactly a
second,
it shows as 4 cycles.  If I want to record for 1.3, well.. it's gonna
record
for 1.5 and call it 6 cycles.

Seems like I have two options... buy a filter to get rid of this message..
or... (hoping) there's a way on the EDP to get it to ignore this message
or
disable whatever mode it's going into?

Any thoughts?

Thanks (yet) again!