Re: Repeater and sync from midi in

----- Original Message -----
From: "mark" <sine@zerocrossing.net>
To: <loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: Repeater and sync from midi in

> What?  Maybe something is wrong with your Repeater Per, because mine
> works perfectly when recording a loop.  It will try and stretch or
> shrink your loop to make it fit your bpm, but if your pretty close you
> shouldn't hear much difference.
>
> What could be happening is that you're sending the Repeater a pitch
> change message an oct down.  Try changing the Repeater's midi channel.
> Clock is on all channels so it won't matter.

Hi Mark. I did this and it seemed to work. Good call. I don't think the
drum
machine is sending a pitch change, but I wouldn't be surprised if the
repeater isn't *intepreting* something as a pitch change!

By the way, this ONLY happens with the recorded audio, it always sounds
fine
in the passed through audio, which I guess makes sense, the pitch change
would only occur on the recorded stuff.

I guess I could change the pitch back and see if it sounds normal to test
that theory.

Paul