Repeater quantize?

Hi all,

Another thing I'm wondering about the Repeater that doesnt' seem to be in
the manual.

Does it not quantize to the bar when syncing to external midi clock
(obviously with sync button set to "MIDI")?

By this I mean, if I'm recording a new loop that is to be 8 beats (2 bars),
and I stop recording slightly before the end of the 8th beat, will it not
continue to the end of the 8th beat before going out of record?

This seems essential to me to make sure I get tight loops playing parts
over
a drum machine pattern, not having to rely on having perfect timing.

Do I recall reading the EDP does this? I can't believe the Repeater
wouldn't. Have I missed something?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Sanders