RE: The doors of perception (was Re: Repeater latency)

Nic,

Just remember, engineers are idiots! LOL

But seriously, engineers often don't take all the needs of the end user
into consideration when they design a product. When it comes to the
service technician, forget about any serious consideration at all!

It is my sincere belief that every engineer should be required to repair
a few pieces of gear every so often so they can remember what it's like!

As far as operation goes, every three months, they should have to slam a
bottle of <insert you favorite alcohol here> and attempt to operate a
complex piece of gear for the first time.

I say all of this from experience and lessons I've learned. The above
comments are not intended to hurt any feelings and are not directed to
any person in particular.

Respect

Will Brake
Soul Fruit Electronics