Re: Ebay (Was Re: Selecting vendors)

Hard to say.  I've had mostly really good ebay experience, but I've had
a few minor issues.  Once got a piece of gear so caked with cigarette
resin it took me hours to clean it up and make it usable and not stink.
  Another time, some sort of pepsi product had been spilled on the unit
and one of the controls was never right because of it.  Both items were
cheap though.  My bad for not asking more questions.  My wife got a non
working dremmel once, but the dealer (on line pawn shop) was happy to
take it back and refund her money in full.

On the other hand, I ended up picking up an Ampeg tube amp from the
owners down in the South Bay SF area and ended up meeting a really nice
guy who said, "Hey, do you happen to know anything about looping
devices?  My roommate and I have been playing around with a DL4..."  We
talked about EDPs and other gear for an hour!  The amp was more or less
mint and at a good price.  I gave him the LD address.  I wonder if he
ever subscribed...

Mark Sottlaro