Re: ableton live questions

Wow, Per.  That all sounds really exciting.  Seems like a lot of people
here are stretching Live beyond what it's designers originally intended
it to do.  This is a good thing.  My use for Live is a lot less
ambitious.  I haven't even begun the process yet, but my idea for Live
is to first, do a recording in Digital Performer 4.  Produce it as I
feel appropriate.  Then cut up different parts of what I looped and
turn them into loops in Live.  I'd keep all my sequenced parts in that
form and my rig would be Laptop playing my prerecorded loops, Sequencer
doing the sequenced bits (I can bring tracks in and out and play it
live as I go along) and a CD player to add little scratched bits, sound
bites and interludes between pieces where I can reconfigure Live and
the sequencer.

I haven't purchased Live yet, as I'm not sure I totally need it.  Does
this seem like the best tool for what I'm trying to do?  Again, this
isn't about Live looping, but more about being able to create an
interactive mix when bringing out the whole looping rig is not
appropriate.

Mark Sottilaro