Re: EDP/Repeater Tempo Define (was EDP MIDI Problems?/Repeater As A Live Looper)

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 07:37 PM, soam wrote:
> Can you change the pitch and speed of all tracks at once, or do you
> have to do them independently?

All at once if you like.

> Hmm..can you define the tempo on the fly? I wasn't planning on playing
> to a metronome.
> For example:
>
> 1) hit record on EDP or Repeater on first downbeat.
> 2) hit record on downbeat of beat 5
> 3) BPM automatically displayed and Korg drum machine in sync as slave

The Repeater has iffy MIDI clock out.  That's one of the big issues.
Some devices seem to be OK with it, others not.  Frankly, I've never
tried to get any other drum machine to sync to the Repeater other than
my Roland MC-307.  It did work OK, but it was only a test.  I usually
slave the Repeater to the sequencer.  You might want to ask people on
the Repeater list what they think.  I did try to get the delays from
the Electrix MoFX and AdrenaLinn to sync to the Repeater's clock and it
didn't work properly.

> BTW I'm planning on using either the EDP or Repeater with a guitar ->
> bunch of effects ->  EDP or Repeater -> Guitar Amp

Go for the EDP.  The Repeater is best in a line level audio path and
doesn't work well otherwise.  It's a better slave than the EDP, but a
worse master.

Mark Sottilaro