Re: cassette looping, maneco looper

thanks for the interest Scott!  I'm getting started on it.  I'd love to
get other people interested in cassette looping using the unglamourous
4track.  Hell, you get a multi-track, stereo looper, with (often)
multiple effects loops, up to 20 minutes looping time on dirt-cheap
removable media, with pitch-shifting (often) double/half speed
capabilities, individual pan and eq controls on each channel, plus a
built-in mixing section that can accept as many as 8 other inputs.   and
it's analog!  and full of glitchability!

on other topics...Maneco, the MP3's sound really good.  thanks for
posting.  Now, I'd love to hear someone really play the shit out of it!
Part of the strength of the EH16 is the tweakability, the ability to
mess with the 'fabric of time'...I passed on the Line 6 looper because
it didn't seem so capable of getting insane, unpredictable results.  The
technical specs of loop time, reverse, etc. aside, what are the unique
capabilities of your box?  What happens once you start button-mashing
and whipping pots around?   For me at least, these are selling points.

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com