Gate checking--it works!

Hey--
I just returned from a three day gig in Reno, Nevada, and was able to carry
on my acoustic 6 string on all four flights (San Diego--Oakland, OAK--Reno,
Reno--Las Vegas, LV--SAN) with no problems.  Seems the 7 series (707 etc)
planes all have compartments long enough for a guitar--no one blinked, I
was
even encouraged by one flight attendant when I looked skeptical, as I had
been practicing and didn't get in line right away on the last flight
(Thanksgiving weekend, and a lot of college kids).
Getting a chance to woodshed in the terminal is a great added benefit!
While on my trip I read the latest Tape Op and lo and behold, list member
Andre LaFosse's latest, Normalized, was given high marks.  Good on ya,
Andre!
Gary