Re: WHAT COULD WE DO BETTER?...and why should we do it?

On 03-12-09 20.48,  "ArsOcarina@aol.com" <ArsOcarina@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just a note from one of the shoe-gazeriest shoe-gazers on
> the planet. It's me.//////

Salve Everyboudy,

I just want to say that I really appreciated Ted's post. Every word of it
felt exactly right with me. I think music is all about communication and
because of that it could be a mistake to hang on to "performing tricks"
instead of hooking up with the essence of you own personality to coax that
music out. I never liked the term "shoe-gazing" since I have happened to
hear some "shoe-gazers" that make outstanding music. But if the music
sucks,
a shoe-gazer is of course twice as boring.

A very good Swedish guitar player dropped a clever line about playing true
music. He said "playing is like talking - don't overdo it, 'cause you don't
want to talk bullshit. Think about what you want to say, then say it and
shut up". I liked that! BTW you can check out his music at
http://www.kennyhakansson.se/ if you like :-)

And I like long pieces too! Matthias Grob played a 12 minute solo piece
here
in Sweden back in June and it was fantastic! It's called Physio and posted
at http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/LiveLooping/index-3.html for you that
want
to check it out.

Later on at an outdoor festival in August I played a duo set with Per2Per
that clocked in for 59 minutes. From time to time I did feel a bit
alienated
on stage but when listening back to the recording, and hearing it as the
audience heard it, I simply love it!!! When at stage I had no idea about
the
strong vibe created by that music. I'm happy we kept it flowing for all
that
time!

--
Best wishes