boring old qustion about foot controlling the echoplex

Hi,
having probs finding what I need in the archives, but Im sure it must be there.. heres the Q.

I have a repeater and use a fcb1010 pedal to control it. TOday my shiny new EDP turned up and I really need to get them buttons under foot control and fast!!! BUT Im having trouble. The manual is a little all over the place. AND I still want to use the FCB to control the Repeater... is this a prob???

Ive selected NOTE in control/source, Ive left the default Source# as 36 (why would I change it???) and gone in to the FCB1010 and made a note preset on 2 (D or "record"). It has no effect on the EDP but (of course ) the repeater changes pitch cos the repeater uses NOTE info to change the pitch... I cant seem to figure out how to change the midi channel on a specifc pedal,(well actually it cant) and therefore the whole pedal is set to channel 1.(Which I am using for repeater).

Now I AM getting midi to the EDP cos it was synching to my drum-machine no prob, The pedal doesnt seem to do anything on it tho... even if I ignore the repeater prob...

Now IM SURE that many of you have exactly this config, One looper not being enough as everyone knows, so do you all really use a different foot controller for each looper???

Pleas Help, I KNOW im missing ALOT about the EDP without foot control, If I have to dump the repeater from FCB1010 control I would do it, cos I still have one of those little digitech puppies that actually worked fine... BUT REALLY I WANT BOTH!!!

exasperated Englishman in Norway

Mark.