Re: sustainer system

Luis,

Hi there! Since Chilly Bill brought my name into this discussion I figured
that I ought to pipe up with some sort of comment or another. Here goes.

I have used a Sustainiac sustainer system for nearly 20 years now. BUT
it's not one of the in-the-guitar "Stealth" systems. I'm one of those folks
who is kinda picky about my tone (believe it or not) and I'm rather fond
of the Seymour Duncan "JB" (bridge) and "Jazz" (neck) pickups in my Gibson.

So, I still opt for the "acoustical" kind of sustain unit that involves a
foot-pedal floor-box and a headstock mounted transducer. This is the
old Sustainiac "Model B" unit. I swear by it. I use it all of the time . .
.
and one of the real beauties is that you can use it on more than just
one instrument.

I have tried the old Floyd Rose sustainers, the Fernandez sustainers,
and the Maniac Music "Stealth" systems and I have never liked them
all that much (sorry Alan). They don't make the "Model B" any more
but the new "Model C" is the new and improved equivalent.

I am planing to buy one of those at NAMM in a couple of weeks just so
I have the backup system I've always wanted. They'll be at booth# 5598.
If you have a way of getting to the NAMM show in Anaheim stop by
and say hello to Alan Hoover and get a demo of both of his "Stealth"
and acoustic "Model B" systems for comparison.

I have no "endorsement deal" with Alan (I wish I did, heheh). But I have
used his invention for a long time and have come to consider it an
essential part of what I do with a guitar. His stuff is dependable and
his service and advice is trustworthy. What more can I say.

You can find more info online at: http://www.sustainiac.com/model-b.htm

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html