Re: King crimson stuff

I remember reading various guitar geek interviews with Adrian Belew around the time those albums were released. I think a big part of his technique was to use fairly extreme equalisation to encourage particular harmonics to feed back, plus *really* getting to grips with positioning himself relative to his amp(s).

By the way, have a listen to 'The Great Curve' from Talking Heads 'Remain in Light' album. Great feedback solo from Belew.