RE: Echoplex and MIDI out

At 06:23 AM 1/30/2004, AvgJoe wrote:
>To clarify, I'm going to be syncing EDP to the PX7. A nice feature of the
>PX7 that I've not figured out in typical drum machines I've used is that
>the tempo is stored with the sequence, so you call up the drum sequence to
>use and it's got the tempo I stored with it. For my purposes that's
>prefered,
>though I'm sure it could be set up to work the other way too.

in other words, you will have the sequencer as the sync master. It will be
sending the clock and startsongs. The echoplex will be receiving the
clock,
and not sending start/stop messages.

> >> I assume "mute" doesn't cause a song stop message to be sent,
>correct? I
> >> want to be able to mute my loop and still have the percussion going.
> >
> > Mute does send a song stop in Loop IV. It didn't in Loop III.

that is wrong as noted before, although it wouldn't make any difference
for
you if the echoplex is the slave to the sequencer.

>good think the box I bought is still at Loop III in that respect.
>Hopefully LoopIII will deliver all the things I need without needing
>loopIV.

I think you will find the sync functions of LoopIV are extremely useful
for
what you want to do, compared to LoopIII. You can check the manual on the
LoopIV page:

http://www.aurisis.com/products/loopIV/loopIV.html

kim