Re: Eventides (Was: Re: Lovetone stuff)

Title: Re: Eventides (Was: Re: Lovetone stuff)
At 6:22 PM +0100 3/21/04, Luca Formentini wrote:

is Eclipse sounding better than 7000 ?
By my experience it seems to sound as it had a sort of "midrange boost" that is making guitar players more happy with it than with the flat response of the Orville.

I was speaking theoretically, since it is claimed by Eventide to have equivalent specs to Orville. However, now that I look at the Eventide site I realize that the DSP7000 has the same specs! I must have been thinking about the DSP4000 family.

http://www.eventide.com/eclipse/especs.htm

http://www.eventide.com/profaud/orvillespec.htm

http://www.eventide.com/profaud/7kspec.htm

So forget what I stupidly said about having better audio quality.  The main differences are functional.

As to a midrange boost, this is not mentioned in Eventide's product descriptions. Is your experience based on a controlled A/B listening test? I did a search on "eclipse" and "midrange" on the Eventide Yahoo groups but found nothing.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com