Re: Eventides (Was: Re: Lovetone stuff)

asterion@hell.com wrote:

> As to a midrange boost, this is not mentioned in Eventide's product
> descriptions. Is your experience based on a controlled A/B listening
> test? I did a search on "eclipse" and "midrange" on the Eventide Yahoo
> groups but found nothing.

Yes,
I was testing Orville & Eclipse side by side (you know there are several
algos which are the same in the both).
I was noticing more "wideness" in Orville and more "thickness" in the
Eclipse; that's why I've been talking about midrangey-ness.
This is just a personal and subjective opinion, I didn't analized the
sound through any eq/spectrum analyzer.
The eclipse gives a fast satisfaction with its preamps (I tested it with
guitar), but you can replicate the result with some tweaking on the
Orville.
I guess it's a matter of different converters.

luca

www.unguitar.com