Percussionist and EDP seeker

Hi all:

i haven't posted before so here goes:

also, i am just getting started on this site if you refer to the numbers of
things e.g. rc-20 please also say who makes it because other than Line 6
and
Boss I don't know any of the other looping or electronic gear
manufacturers.
Hey I'm a percussionist.

i have put the questions at the beginning if you don't want to read all the
reasons why i am asking what i am asking.

QUESTIONS:
Is there another looping product besides EDP that gives you independence of
tracks and stereo?
How can i buy two EDPS?
How much per EDP should I expect to pay?
Should i buy new or used?
ebay? I just saw one go for around $630 used. Aren't they around $1000 new?
West La Music, a local music store?
Direct from Gibson?

Does the Boomerang have stereo output?

Other percussion loopers unite. I am looking for other loopers who are also
percussionists. It seems that the majority of members of this group are
guitarists. I have scene on the looper website the  article directed at
drummers. but i haven't seen any posts since i subscribed that directly
relate to that.   Please let me know that you are a percussionist and a
looper.  I welcome responses from guitarists who are also percussionists.
But i would LOVE to hear from a looper(s) who is exclusively a hand
percussionist like me.

BACKGROUND
I am a percussionist and I have been using a Line 6 and an RC-20 for the
past few years to loop. i prefer the RC-20 to the Line 6 because you can
save the phrases. Too bad you can't move the phrase to the next track and
continue building on it. you can play live over it but it won't record the
new phrase. anyway I digress.

EDP
i want to loop my hand percussion in stereo. i have found that once I loop
few percussion tracks that they don't sound as nice without being separated
by a stereo effect. My theory about this is that because our ear hears in
stereo that it sounds unnatural for the drum sounds  to be coming in mono.
In fact, my feeling is that the rhythmic phrases sound clumsy until
separated.  I have recorded (not looped) and separated out the phrases by
simply moving the pan on each track to left and right and it sounds much
better.

Also, i then loop my voice on top of that. So now i have layers of sounds
and by the time i put my voice loops the percussion is way in the
background.

At the very least the Boomerang (this would be my third looping device) has
two independant tracks.  Brand new this costs around $400 would enable me
have the voice track and the percussion track on two separate tracks.  So i
could i adjust the volume on each but it is a mono sound. or is it? I still
have the problem of losing the more I layer but at least my vocals and my
percussion can both be heard.

So it seems that it is in my immediate destiny to have at lease one EDP.
But
the only way to do stereo that i know is to have two EDP's and synch them
using Brother Synch.

So now i must buy not only one but two EDP's. or is there another device
that

They are legendarily hard to find new or used.  Once you have one, then
getting them serviced from Gibson can  be a bear. I have heard.

If you read this much thank you and I look forward to seeing you at
Loopstock.

.