Re: CHOPITCH and pitch shifting

> Have you also tried the really great  CHOPITCH vst plugin (octave and
>down
>  pitch shifting ) that our own Matthias Grob, Andy Butler
>  and several others have developed?    www.chopitch.com.
>
>  I love it.  It is awesome for mangling and accurately down pitching
>loops.

hey , thanks Rick :-)

>  It also has a lot of randomization features for reordering the audio
>  information replete with randomization percentage settings on things
>like
>  pitch, reverse, etc.

huh, I think you're probably refering to one of the smartelectronix plugs
here.
Chopitch isn't random at all (and no reverse) although it does
work interactively with the input.

>  It is particular great for percussion tracks (or at least that is my
>bias,
>  lol).

I agree,
and also for playing bass lines.

> I'll post an mp3 of it at audiopluginjunkiesanonymous@yahoogroups.com.
> It's tentatively titled "Don't want to change my life".

thanks Rick, nice work.

there's also some demo's on www.chopitch.com,
available from the downloads page

andy butler