Re: Last minute NYC gig SPAM

>>Laila Lounge, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
>
>that's my neighborhood bar!  I'm sitting a block away!
>
>darn, darn, darn -- we are committed to be elsewhere at 9:15.  tell
>me in advance next time and I'll show up and bring friends...

hah.  so we missed the 9:15 and we DID see this show despite my
claims otherwise.

>Entertainment by: Sarth Calhoun (live electronic alchemy) with Leah
>Coloff (cello/vocals) and Andrew Green (guitar, bass) additional
>processing courtesy of Gregory Kage ... and some live video and stuff.

Laila has a nice medium-sized basement room with the usual decent
sound system you see almost everywhere these days -- can't remember
the last time I was in a club with crappy gear, I remember doing
shows on Vocalmaster speakers in my youth.

We showed up on time after blowing our other show but there were some
tech troubles -- I don't think the video ever got working? but the
audio mix did get in there nicely with only a hint of feedback twice
(always an issue with effects).

We certainly enjoyed the show and there was a lot to like about it --
fine musicianship from all three.  Ms. Coloff is a strong front
person, a fine cellist with a brilliant voice, Mr. Green a steady
solid presence and Mr. Calhoun's slamming beats are something I envy,
though I wanted to see more Kyma madness.

I paid pretty damn close attention to this, actually, and I could
give you the full review if you wanted to, either here on the list or
privately (my detailed reviews can be pretty harsh at times <grin>).

     /t