was looping with other musicians - reply to douglas aboutswitching styles on audiences

Thanks for your thoughts, Douglas -
But I don't think the problem was that I switched styles on my audience.
My audience to begin with wasn't at all people who like to listen to
free-form avant garde music - they were mostly non-musician friends and
friends of friends with no experience in avant garde looping.
There seems to be  something - for me at least - in putting a rhythmic loop
under a song that undermines the spontaneity and emotional communication.
I've experimented taping myself with and without the loops, and it
consistently sounds better and sounds freer and more emotional without the
loops.
Not that I'm giving up looping - I love it, just will separate the looping
from the songs for a while --