Randomization and Loops

In regards to randomization, in Logic I'd like to see the ability to
automate the triggering of the randomize button in the soft synths that
include them, like the ES2 and Sculpture. This would not create a
randomization in terms of time, but it would in  terms of generated
sound. The ES2 is particularly suited to drastic/surprising change with
the randomize button. The results are not always particularly musical,
but when I'm looking for any degree of 'random' I shouldn't expect it
to be.
    I've had a look through the documentation and automation parameters
themselves, and see a great deal of progress in this area, notably, the
inclusion of automation parameters for degree and target of
randomization . I still don't see a way to automate the button press,
though.
   I think it would be interesting to create a sequenced piece, and have
it generate a hugely different output each time.

Also, does anyone know if there is a midi note generator that can
generate notes randomly, within (or not) definable parameters such as
key, length (# of 1/8th notes, for example), # of notes in that length,
a range of duration (meaning sustain), etc. That would be great.
Obviously not entirely random, but a good creative stimulant that
allows you a certain assurance of 'usability'.

Lastly, a matter of semantics. Now and then I hear discussion involving
'loops' when it seems that's not really what they mean. To me, until
something repeats - preferably more than once - it's not a loop, it's a
sequence (and there are probably several other words usable instead of
sequence). I'm not generally a stickler for that sort of thing, but I
do wonder what other viewpoints exist out there.

Have a good day,
Jeff