Re: Daxophone (was:Acousmatrix 1/2)

   The daxophone  (I had the spelling wrong) can be played without a
pickup,so I would call it acoustic. I just like things that make sound and
don't care wther electricity is involved. I have found acoustic sound
sources are often very harmonically rich,and it's nice to be able to play
without electricity ,wires etc.But Processing acoustic sources is really
my
favorite thing to do lately. Just recording without processing blurs the
distinctions,which I prefer not to recognize as boundaries I really like
Cage's definition of music as Organized Sound.If ones organizational
choices
include random,or stochastic processes,it still fits. I'll check out the
CD
,sounds interesting.