Boss Octave Pedal

I have to assume some people on this list use the Boss Octave pedal in
their looping setups, to achieve "bass guitar" sounds.  To those of you
that do....do you like it?  what do you think of the tracking?  I'd like
to get the EH Pog, but can't justify nearly $400 for an octave pedal
(especially after just buying an EDP), so I was wondering if the Boss
pedal is "good enough."  I want to use it with my Taylor 814 and my Gibson
Les Paul, (i.e.. with acoustic and electric instruments).  I think I'm
most curious as to how well it tracks with acoustic guitars to simulate a
bass.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Brian