Re: Boss Octave Pedal

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Brian wrote:

> I have to assume some people on this list use the Boss Octave pedal in
their looping setups, to achieve "bass guitar" sounds.  To those of you
that do....do you like it?  what do you think of the tracking?  I think
I'm most curious as to how well it tracks with acoustic guitars to
simulate a bass.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have used an OC-2 for years. To me it is more of an "effect" than an
actual bass guitar sound. It sounds more like a "synthbass" if that makes
sense; a bit chorused etc. I rarely use it by itself though preferring to
mix it with some other effects and make a "poor man's" EH microsynth.

Also of note it is monophonic only so playing mutliple notes will make it
mistrack/glitch. I use this also as an effect but if your goal is to make
a string bass sound out of an Acoustic guitar I'd reccomend trying it out
in person before to buy one as you're opinion might seriously differ.

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.