Re: say no to urban skydiving Re: AW: Aunti Behringer

For an interesting perspective on the Behringer/Mackie debate, have a
chat with Vince Neave at AudioPro (he's the guy who does the fancy
Repeater mods).  He told me (I'm paraphrasing from memory, so may not
be accurate) that the Behringer stuff is made at the same factory in
China as the Mackies (whether labelled 'Made in China' or not), use
better components then Mackie, have lower noise floor than Mackie,
better grounding etc etc.  All for a lower price.

 From my own experience, I've only ever used the FCB and patch bay
thing.  I once tried another rack mini-mixer thing, but found it too
noisy and the power supply had too much of a hum field for rack use.
Lots of friends have the little mixers and love them.

Nothing beats a little research on your own.  There seems to be a lot
of hype on all sides of the debate.  And trying the stuff out in your
rig, if possible is best of all!

Regards to all,

Ben

On 18 Jan, 2005, at 7:44 PM, Suit & Tie Guy wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2005, at 11:49 AM, mungenast@earthlink.net wrote:
>> in China? If I am going to buy something made in a Chinese slave
>> labor facility, it is going to be something I can't get elsewhere,
>> something unique, like the Alesis ModFX series, or Behringer's
>
> considering how much Mackie stuff is made in China now i don't feel
> bad about the idea of buying Uli Behringer's stuff.
>
> i wish there was that mackie ad which showed everyone at the factory
> standing outside waving (i remember it from a few years ago), but
> edited so the text ran "Why are these Mackie employees smiling with
> pink slips in hand? Because we fired a hundred americans and moved
> production to china to bring you LOW LOW PRICES!!!"
>
> ---
> Eric Williamson
> www.suitandtieguy.com

Ben Grossman
ben@macrophone.org
http://www.macrophone.org
http://www.posttraditional.ca
macrophone.org Oxfam-fundraising T-Shirts!!!
http://www.macrophone.org/t-shirt.htm