Re: FCB expression pedal to edp problem

On Jan 31, 2005, at 0:43, geoff smith wrote:

> 8< 8< 8< 8<.... nightmare!
> I must have missed something.... but what!
> geoff

Just some FCB pedal hints (please excuse me if you already know about
this):

The pedal ships with every button set up to send a bunch of different
midi commands, designed to  change preset patches on some guitar amp
from Behringer. For every button on the FCB you have to make sure that
this switch is only sending out the midi message you need.

On my FCB I found out that it did send out a midi cc of another switch
that I had turned off in the bank program menu!!! This created a lot of
problems until I changed all my midi gear so nothing was listening to
the midi channel assigned (in FCB global setup) to that switch.

Some more thoughts:
Keep the EDP settings of midi ch 6, cc 1. Connect the midi out of a
synth. Set the synth to channel 6 and move the modulation wheel (= midi
cc 1). See if the EDP reacts with scrolling the different feedback
values in the LCD. Also double check the synth in Logic's monitor to be
sure that it really is sending cc 1 on channel 6. If this is working
fine it means the problem is with the FCB.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)