Re: How does the EDP handle memory shortage in "more loops"?

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how the EDP handles memory shortage when used in "more
> loops" mode? I'm especially interested in knowing about what happens
>when
> all RAM is used up and LOOP4 starts to throw out the oldest layers.
>
> If I'm playing with the setting "more loops = 4", does the EDP divide
>its
> RAM into four unique segments where each memory segment  thrown out the
> oldest layers are to make place for more? Or is this functionality
>global?

yes  each loop has its own ram space ---undo

> What I'm aiming at, is if loop windowing is cross-loop? So, if I'm in
>loop
> 2 and trashing like crazy with loop windowing, can fragments originally
> layered into loop 1 suddenly pop up there, in loop 2?

I can happen but would be called a bug (lot of triggers, undos,and
windowing )
pleasant when the RAM is full of something, upleasant when you just booted
and you read an empty RAM space  CRRRSHHHTTKKRR
you can even attaign a disfunction of the EDP where the memory is read
from
A to Z  when this happens you sit down and enjoy, you wont have that sort
of
buggy poetry in a vst plug never

these are NOT every day bugs so dont use this post to pretend the EDP is
buggy....

B-)

Claude